FYI. Adobe recently reduced free trial durations from 30 days down to 7 days. So don’t believe anyone promising 30-day trials. It’s either outdated information or a scam. Stay away.
Getting Photoshop for free (legally) is easier than you might think.
It will only take you 5 minutes (slightly longer if you have a slow internet connection 🙃).
Here’s how you can do it.
(If you feel confident that you can do it on your own, this link will take you directly to the free trial page)
How to get Photoshop for free in 2021?
To get Photoshop for free, follow these easy steps:
1. Go to Adobe.com
2. Click on the Try for free button.
Click on the button that says Try for free and that will redirect you to choosing the right plan for yourself.
3. Choose the Photoshop plan.
Photoshop, along with all other Adobe apps, is no longer available as a one-off payment. Now, you can only get Photoshop with a subscription plan.
Three plans that give you access to Photoshop:
– Photoshop plan is what I recommend for you. It gives you access to Photoshop on both desktop and iPad. In addition, you get Adobe Fresco, which is great for artists, 100GB of cloud storage, and a 7-day free trial for $20.99/month.
– Photography plan is the best option for photographers who also want Adobe Lightroom. However, with this plan, you won’t get Adobe Fresco and only 20GB of storage. Naturally, you can add more storage by paying ($10 for 1TB per month).
– All Apps plan is rather expensive, but it’s the most cost-efficient option. For “just” $52.99/month you get all Adobe apps within Creative Cloud.
4. Click Start free trial.
It will redirect you to the confirmation page.
5. Enter your email.
All you have to do now is enter the email address that you want to associate with your Adobe account and Photoshop. If you already own an Adobe account, you can skip this step.
Make sure you double-check in the panel on the right that you’ve chosen the right plan. You can choose between monthly, annual, and annual prepaid plans. The monthly plan is the most expensive, but it allows you to quit anytime. Annual and annual prepaid plans are cheaper, but they require you to sign a yearly contract.
6. Enter your payment information.
Don’t worry, you WON’T BE BILLED until your free trial expires. Adobe just needs your payment information to stop the abuse of the Photoshop free trial (each credit card owner, may only use it once).
Additionally, all payments via Adobe are 100% secure.
7. Download and install Creative Cloud.
You will be prompted to download install Creative Cloud. You cannot use Photoshop without it. Just follow the instructions given to you by Adobe.
8. Download and install Photoshop from Creative Cloud.
Once Creative Cloud installs on your PC, search for Photoshop among your apps and download it.
Of course, it’s going to take a while to download since Photoshop is a large program.
9. Open Photoshop.
Congratz! You have successfully installed Photoshop by using the free trial. Let me know how you like it!
How to get Photoshop for free as a student?
Adobe offers a 60% discount to students and teachers on all their apps.
To get Photoshop free as a student, follow the steps for Photoshop free trial (above), but after you create the account, you must prove that you are, in fact, a student.
You qualify for a student discount if you’re a part of any of the following:
- University or college
- Primary or secondary school
Now, all you have to do is provide proof that you are, in fact, a student. The following will do:
- A document with your name, institution name, and current date.
- Use a school-issued email address.
- Proof of purchase of curriculum.
Read more on the official Adobe site.
After your trial runs out you will pay only $19.99/month for all apps for the first year, and $29.99/month after that.
Is Photoshop Free?
You can download Photoshop for free by signing up for a free trial, which lasts 7 days. During this time you can use Photoshop as if you’ve bought it. After 7 days, you will be billed a monthly fee for Photoshop. To avoid paying the fee, you must cancel the free trial before it expires.
It’s completely safe to do and there are no hidden fees (that I know of). I had done this before I started using Photoshop and it worked as intended.
How Much Does Photoshop Cost?
Photoshop is available with several different plans. The cheapest one is the Photography plan for US$9.99/month that includes Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop for desktop and iPad, and 20GB of cloud storage.
These are all Adobe plans that include Photoshop:
- Photography US$9.99/mo – Lightroom, Lightroom Classis, Photoshop on dekstop and iPad, and 20GB of cloud storage. 1TB cloud storage costs additional US$10.00.
- Photoshop US$20.99/mo – Photoshop on dekstop and iPad, 100GB of cloud storage, Adobe Fresco, Adobe Portfolio, Adobe Font, Adobe Spark.
- All Apps US$52.99/mo – More than 20 Adobe Apps, including Photoshop and 100GB of cloud storage.
- All Apps for Students US$19.99/mo – More than 20 Adobe Apps, including Photoshop and 100GB of cloud storage (but you need to prove that you’re a student).
How to cancel Photoshop free trial (or subscription)?
- Sign in to your Adobe account.
- Select Manage plan or View plan for the plan you want to cancel.
- Select Cancel plan (sometimes also Cancel your plan).
- Pick the reason for cancelling the trial.
- Select Continue.
Is there a free version of Photoshop?
Adobe offers a free version of Photoshop to anyone who applies for the free trial. Adobe Photoshop free trial lasts for 7 days, after it expires you pay from $9.99/month. If you cancel before the trial ends, you pay nothing.
How to install Photoshop on mac for free?
Follow the steps from the step-by-step guide on how to get Photoshop for free I created above. The steps to get Photoshop for free are the same for Windows 10 and Mac.
How to get Photoshop for free permanently?
The only way to get Photoshop for free permanently is via illegal methods, which I don’t recommend. Not only are cracked files usually outdated because they are several months or years old, but they can also contain malware. Instead, $9.99/month is a really low price to pay for original software with all the latest updates.
How long is Photoshop free trial?
Photoshop free trial lasts for seven days. When it completes after 7 days, you are billed for the first month unless you cancelled it before.
Does Photoshop have a free trial?
You can get a Photoshop free trial for seven days. It grants you full access to the app, including all features, updates, and the latest version of Photoshop.
How to make Photoshop free trial last forever?
Unless it’s granted to you by Adobe, you cannot legally make the Photoshop free trial last forever.
Conclusion: Photoshop free trial
Photoshop free trial is the best way for you to decide whether you want to pay a monthly subscription for this program or not.
Regardless of whether you choose to keep it or not, you won’t have to pay for the free trial. These 7 days are completely free.
Also, you won’t be charged for the free trial if you cancel it within time. That is before it expires after the 7 days.