Goodbye Otterreviews, hello Photutorial!
Why the change?
For the longest time, I’ve meant to rebrand my website to something more photography-related, a name that would accurately reflect the website’s intent – teaching you photography.
I started Otterreviews as a multi-purpose website 9 months ago; hence, a non-niche-specific name. Back then, I didn’t take into the account that “about-everything.com” websites have been dead for 5+ years and that I, above everything, enjoy writing about photography.
Needless to say, when I decisively steered Otterreviews into photography, the name “Otterreviews” became somewhat unfitting.
What does Photutorial mean and what is its purpose?
Photutorial is a portmanteau (or a blend) of “Photo” and “Tutorial”. Not only do these two words accurately describe the content of the new Photutorial, but also the idea behind the learning process, I am trying to provide: seamlessly blending photography lectures into a single coherent tutorial.
ALL the content on Photutorial remains free and publicly available. There’s no need to memorize everything I write – just bookmark it and come back later.
What can I do to help you?
As I already mentioned, all I do is free-of-charge. If you’re eager to support what I do, you can do so in 3 different ways:
- Share Photutorial with your friends, publish it on social media, or tell your colleagues about it.
- If you ever think about buying a photography product, be it software, camera, or lens, feel free to use any of the links scattered around the website. I get a small commission, and you can often get a discount.
- Have you ever wanted to write? You can help me by writing your tutorials, and I will share them on Photutorial.
What are the plans for Photutorial?
I’ll continue writing articles that fit into one of the five main categories:
- Tutorials – everything you need to know to take better photos,
- Post-production – post-production tutorials and reviews of software, such as Lightroom,
- Gear – cameras and lens reviews and lists
- Stock Photography – the best stock photo sites, their contributor programs, guides on how to purchase stock photos, how to earn money, and stock photo formats, and
- Inspiration – ideas, quotes.
I still have some work to do regarding the name change. I appreciate any mistakes you find, criticism, or suggestions.
Matic is a landscape photographer from Slovenia and creator of Photutorial.