- Unlimited downloads plans
- Very cheap stock images
- Relatively new
- Support doesn’t reply
- Iffy policy
I have taken my time to explore YayImages and now I am ready to share my experience with you in this YayImages review. Still interested? Great, let’s go!
What is YayImages?
YayImages is a relatively young stock photo agency, which was acquired by Doublesix LLC in February 2019.
Here’s a quick timeline:
- Q1 2019 – YayImages was acquired by Doublesix LLC.
- Q2 2019 – Successfully securing rights to portfolio of 10 mil images and vectors. Supporting over 11,000 contributors.
- Q3 2019 – New PHP team starts working on updating the website.
- Q4 2019 – YAY 2.0 refreshed website launch with AppSumo.
- Q1 2020 – Introduce stock video categories.
- Q2 2020 – Add a forum.
- Q3 2020 – Reach 11 million images milestone
- Q1 2021 – Photutorial writes review on YayImages
Enough about the website now, let’s check the pricing
In short, YayImages sells images with four options: Image subscriptions ($0.16/image to $0.48/image), Image packs ($1.00/image to $1.48/image), Unlimited Plans ($8.25/month to $29.00/month for unlimited downloads), and Single image purchases ($19.99/image). Finally, Extended license costs 30 credits or $50.
You can choose between monthly and yearly subscription plans. While monthly plans offer you a lot of flexibility because you can cancel them at any time, they are a more costly than the yearly plans.
Yearly plans come with the best prices possible at YayImages, but they require you to commit for a full year.
Images subscriptions features:
- 30 day moneyback guarantee
- Unused downloads are transferred to the next month
- Access to the full library of 11.7 million Images & 200,000 HD/4K videos with no restrictions
- Print or digital use (excluding POD items for resale)
- Use for marketing and advertising
- Life-long rights to use images / videos
In short, the best prices are those of the biggest yearly plan, with only $0.16/image. On the other hand, the highest price per image comes with the smallest monthly plan of $0.48/image.
Image Credit Packs
If you only need a handful of images once and you know that you won’t need them on an ongoing basis, image credit packs are your best bet.
The way these work is that you pay a fixed amount of money once, for which you receive a fixed amount of photos that you can use within one year of the purchase.
From the image above, you can see that the best price per image comes with the largest credit pack of 200 images for $199.00, resulting in $1.00 per image.
Single Image Purchase
If you need a single image, your best options is the Single Image Purchase of $19.99.
While this is an extremely inefficient way to buy stock photos, there’s no point in spending more to get more images.
Unlimited plan gives you unlimited downloads of all files on YayImages for as lows as $29.00/month.
You can choose between monthly ($29.00/month) and quarterly – meaning “every 3 months = 1/4 year” for as low as $79.00/quarter ($26.33/month).
Unlimited plan features:
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Billed monthly or quarterly
- 200,000+ HD Videos
- 1,200,000+ Vectors
- 11,000,000+ Images
- Extended License Included
- Lifetime download history access
- Access to our Startup “perks” marketplace
Special Unlimited Plan Offer
For a limited time only, YayImages offers a Special Unlimited Plan that gives you everything that the basic Unlimited Plan gives you, but with a yearly commitment.
While this might sound like a long time, you get it for an amazingly low price – $99.00/year or just $8.25/month!!
This plan comes with similar features as the basic Unlimited Plan:
- Unlimited Images (Entire 11,000,000+ Collection)
- Unlimited Vectors (Entire 1,500,000+ Collection)
- Unlimited Videos (Entire 250,000+ HD & 4K Stock Video Collection)
- Includes HD & 4K Premium Downloads
- No hassle, fair use, one click to cancel
- No price increase next year
- Extended license included, good for print on demand (POD)
- Entire Collection (no content type restrictions)
- Includes Future Updates to the Collection
Extended License Price
YayImages sell the Extended license with credits (30 credits) or with cash ($50.00).
You can easily purchase the Extended license by clicking on the image you want and checking “Extended License”. Based on your choice under “OPTIONS TO BUY” (see the image at Single Image Purchase), you will pay either with credits or with cash.
At YayImages, you can purchase images under either a royalty-free (RF) license or an Extended license.
Every plan I listed up to this point offers exclusive royalty-free images.
Once you acquire the license to a royalty-free image, you can use it forever, with no time limit, within predefined uses.
To get the RF license in the first place, you can resort to any of the aforementioned plans – once you download the image, you have received the RF license to use it.
You can use these images for:
- Website design where the images are integrated into designs
- Print on demand (mugs, t-shirts, clothing, journal covers, books, eBooks etc..)
- Social media posts & advertising
- PowerPoint and Keynote presentations
- Video Advertising
- Non-trademarked company logos
- Advertisements and commercials
- Magazines and newspapers
- Websites and blogs
- Advertisements and commercials
- TV shows
- Brochures, flyers and newsletters
- Intranet and internal business communications
- Business cards
- Annual reports
- Apps, Software and Video games and apps for smartphones/tablets
- Book covers
- Food packaging
- Computer games
According to YayImages, “An Extended License is needed for when the unedited image or vector adds most or all of the value to a product”.
This means that when the image is going to be the main or the only part of your design, such as printing it on T-shirts, you need an Extended license.
Examples of Extended license uses:
- Website templates made available for bulk resale
- Mobile Apps & Software
- Canvas artwork, calendars or other print where the file adds most of the value
- Print runs of over 500,000
I tried answering as many questions as possible for you.
Feel free to ask more in the comments below and I’ll make sure to add them to the FAQ section.
Is YayImages legit?
YayImages is backed up Doublesix LLC, 100% legit company. It is also affiliated to AppSumo, a world-renowned app store. Purchases at YayImages are therefore risk-free.
How to redeem a coupon code?
To redeem a YayImages coupon code, go to https://www.yayimages.com/redeem and enter your code to enjoy the discount.
Are there any limitations to image use?
YayImages offers one of the most comprehensive royalty-free license that allow you to do almost anything with the images. You are, however, not allowed to reproduce it more than 500,000 times, resell it, or use them in a way, where they are the main or the only part of the design. In this case, you need an Extended license.
Who owns the images on YayImages?
All copyright images are owned by photographers that contribute to YayImages. When you purchase the image, you actually purchase a license that allows you to use the image within pre-agreed upon terms.
May I use images in a logo?
You may use royalty-free images as a part of your logo; however, you may not then trademark this logo.
In conclusion, I think that YayImages is a decent stock photo agency with a wide variety of plans, thus guaranteeing that everyone will get what they need.
What I disliked about YayImages, is the relatively low number of images in their library + inconsistency of writing their own company’s name. If they don’t know, how are we supposed to? 😀
Here are my recommendations:
I recommend YayImages if you’re looking for an awesome Unlimited downloads plan. For as little as $8.25/month you get unlimited access to 12 million+ images, EPS files, and videos on YayImages.
I don’t recommend YayImages if you need a great variety of photos. With 12 million images, YayImages is not a very large stock photo agency. I recommend one of the best stock photo sites or one of the cheapest stock photo sites.
Either way, you’re in good hand buying from YayImages.